Practice Facilities

We perform a wide range of surgical and medical treatments for all species. These include radiography, ultrasonography, orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, dental treatments as well as routine neuterings. We also work in conjunction with the RSPCA: neutering,vaccination, as well as emergency work. We have recently upgraded some of our equipment to ensure we are providing the best patient care. This includes a new small animal and equine ultrasound machine and new  anaesthetic monitoring equipment.

Facilities:
- good surgery and anaesthetic facilities with one large operating theatre for sterile surgical  procedures and one prep room for non-sterile procedures. Anaesthetic monitoring equipment includes pulse oximeters, capnograph, ECG, end tidal CO2 monitor. We also have a cocoon patient warming system to aid faster post surgical recoveries.
- dental suite
- laboratory for in house blood and urine sample analysis
- We have just upgraded to a digital xray system and we have ultrasound imaging facilities
- kennels for inpatients and also isolation kennels
- three consulting rooms and one dispensary

- Sheep and calf operating area

Historically, the origins of the practice can be traced back as far as 1900. First set up as H. Mc Intyre's surgery in 1900 it managed to carry on through both World Wars. The management was then taken over by E. J. Hodgkinson from 1946 until his retirement in 1984. The practice previously operated from Buxton road, Leek (now a chiropodists) opposite the Royal oak pub. In 1980 the practice moved to St Lukes house with the 3 partners at that time being- Gordon Roberts, Brian Riley & Max Abbott. A few years after Mr. Hodgkinson retired the practice was renamed Moorland Veterinary Centre.